Charmaine's conclave walks through art & thoughts...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

down by the boardwalk...

the mood

My friend Christine called me up. He hadn't seen each other for about a year but grew up as close childhood friends. She's excited that I want to write a book. Apparently she's always liked my writing. That's cool. Speaking of which I have an idea of someone who I want to do the art for my book... my childhood friend Ian. But I haven't asked him yet. His art is amazing CLICK HERE. I have fond memories of trying to draw Yoshi's with him in 1992. Trying to find places in Toronto to self publish a book probably isn't too hard but it'll take me a while. I mean I can always think about it but I should probably finish writing it and such first.

Christine and I...

box o memories

Went through some old memories. And talked about anxiety plagues.

jumping and flippimg

My favourite thing when I was a kid ^^. I used to wait until winter and the snow banks were high on one side of this and run up to it slam into this with my stomach and land on the other side. It didn't hurt it was so much fun... maybe that explains why my head is broken.

mork

We went to our old public school around 1am.

sobriety test

creeper

as if her eye is reflective like a effin raccoon... creepy.

There's all sorts of random fences now.

So many random fences... new parking lots. So many memories I can't believe it. They actually tore down where I was in grades 7 and 8. That made me a little sad. We used to jump out the window to go to recess.

so many of my fondest memories are here

kitty on my foot and

my afternoon

^^^ How I spent my day until Christine called.

Today I'm studying up because I got a wicked awesome job opportunity coming up. My cover letter totally rocked so I want to make it sound I half know what I'm talking about. I would write a lot a lot more if it wasn't for this migraine I have. So that has to be it. And I'm sorry about the layout of pics but I wanna see which way I like it more... and if the pics are semi centered etc. So a wonky looking post it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy what I have read of yours. There is a light-heartedness in your dispostion. A sense of humour that I can relate and laugh to. I know how you say that you are better read than heard, but I don't think that is true. I know your a good writer but the way you speak is just as enchanting because of how you deliver your words, also in the words you choose. I remember when we were youngens and you use to read the dictionary, while I was off running away from books. Now I look at who I am, and I starve for knowledge and the means to keep it inside my head. Thanks for your influence with your longing for new information and your never stirred originality. I can't wait till your book is complete, and for the many to follow. I enjoyed our night together and "The Times They Are A-Changin" (Bob Dylan tune) and your voice should definately be heard.

Older